Wednesday, December 17, 2008

the amalgamation of my philosophy - part 1: i like killing flies

So I got home this afternoon from work and was flipping through the channels and came upon a documentary on the IFC channel called, "I Like Killing Flies". Which is basically about this guy (Kenny Shopsin) who owns a local favorite restaurant in NYC called Shopsin's.

It was a fairly entertaining movie, but the the very ending line of the film tweaked my listening flaps toward the speaker of my TV.

It's taken me something like over 31 years to really begin to understand what I really believe in. What is my moral fiber? Did dinosaurs actually exist? Are barcodes really all that bad? What is really important to me? ...And most importantly what constitutes my better half, or to word it a bit more elegantly... how to get over the hump of dating.

I will attempt to answer these "life quandries" and many more over the next couple of months as I try to figure out "my personal meaning of life" and identify what it actually means to be a "Goatopolite".


No comments: