Wednesday, November 28, 2007

oregon trail

day 5: welcome to oregon (stateline)

Looks like I may be hitting the road again... Well, maybe.

I suppose that I'd better not get my hopes up too high. Since my Montana move was squashed with the utmost certainty...

But with the dingy taste of hopelessness and despair, comes a glimmer of unexpected sunshine...

Shall I say goodbye to the towering inferno of the Sears Tower, the Lincoln Park Artsy socialites or even my cherised Polandia neighborhood that I now call home?

Say Adieu to the many drunken rides home on the El Train or perchance lose the chance to once again get lost driving around Chicago and land in Ghettos-Ville (Lawndale)with a kayak strapped to my pickup?

Reflection of the past 2 years... Ahhhh, where did the time go. I can't believe it's almost December...

How can I forget about getting mugged down at McCormick Place at the Auto Show by a bum who serenaded me and my girlfriend at the time with "You're Beautiful" (whomever sings this damn song needs to be shot).

Or the girl that tried to get me to join that fucking cult "Quixstar".

diagram of a cult (also known as quixtar or amway)

Which reminds me, I still have a Purple Bike to give away. Seriously, I'll drop it off at your house (even if you live in Georgia, I'd drop it off for ya) -- Let me know.

the pimpin' purple bike



Well anyways... Like I said, I'm not going to get my hopes up too high this time. All I'm going to say is that it looks very promising that I'll be an Oregonian come 2008.

More to Come...

The Goat

2 comments:

ZenPanda said...

What killed the Montana deal? Did I miss that post?
Oregon is a good choice.

goatopolis said...

simply, the powers that be put a k-bosh on my request. something about being to secluded from the business as well our billings trucking terminal is too small.

so onto plan b, i'm trying to transfer to work out of our portland location.