Friday, September 14, 2007

I just got back from my weekend booze fest in Mankato, Minnesota for my friend (from Phoenix), Kim, wedding, and then made a jaunt north to a small town called Montgomery to crash the opening day football bbq of another of my buddy's from Phoenix (dootch) family.

A lot of boozin' and food coupled with endless driving finally took it's toll on my ol' gall bladder and this tuesday, I had a severe attack and ended up driving myself to the emergency room in the middle of the night to go get it checked out.

Thinking it was food poisoning, indigestion, gas or some sort of blockage, I was very hesitant to go to the emergency room. But I'm glad I did as the next day, I had emergency surgery to have my infected gall bladder removed..

gall bladder surgery (9/12/07)

Pretty disgusting if you ask me... Those yellow raspberry things are actually gall stones. (apparently there were about a dozen in there when they removed it).


iv's for fluid intake and pain medication (9/12/07)

I'm still kinda medicated at this point, but had my phone on me and decided to take a pic of my iv'd arm. (9/12/07)


gall bladder removed via laparoscopic cholecystectomy (9/13/07)

Taken the day after my surgery (9/13/07), the surgeons performed a laparoscopic cholecystectomy which is noted by the 4 incisions. This procedure is apparently the least invasive and apparently they use a laser to cut the gall bladder out.


So I am taking the rest of the week off and part of next to recuperate. (Basically Sleep and sleep some more).

No comments: